One of the things that I dreaded most about being a "bride-to-be" was the idea of having a bridal shower. Why? First of all, because I don't like being the center of attention and secondly because I've always thought the purpose behind the occasion would be a bit awkward. With my bridal party on opposite ends of the country, I didn't think I had anything to worry about... they aren't sly enough to coordinate something, or so I thought. This is what I get for thinking. Not only did they arrange to be in the same place at the same time for a bridal shower, they included one of my mom's long lost friends in the mix that would ensure it would be as cliche of a bridal shower as possible! : ) Luckily, it wasn't the embarrassing event I'd anticipated!
Because Kory and I have chosen to have a destination wedding in Mexico, they appropriately chose to have a Mexican fiesta themed party. Between my sisters, mom, and Pam, they managed to add a Mexican twist to everything from the cake and food selection, to the the games and table decor! It was hilarious and sweet, all in one!
The night before the shower, my sisters and Pam returned from some last minute shopping with a bag full of dresses. My big sis, Kelly, came to me and said, "You'd wear anything to the fiesta, right?" Hesitantly, I agreed. To my surprise they pulled out matching Mexican dresses... for all three of us, a gift from Pam. Mine was blue and my sisters' were identical but in shades of pink. Amused by their creativity, I agreed to wear the Mexican garb.
At the shower, Pam coordinated and executed the traditional shower games (think word scrambles, bingo, etc) while my mom prepared food. My little sister Jazmin kept the crowd on their toes with threats of have to wear a sombrero if they delayed in their responses to her demands, while my big sister mingled and got to know many that she's never met. Overall, the afternoon was more than I could have ever dreamt of. I struggled to spend enough time with each guest... though, I don't know if there would ever be "enough" time! I would have loved to spent hours catching up, reminiscing and in some cases getting to know each person that took the time to spend the afternoon with me. I was flattered and surprised by the generosity and thoughtfulness of the gifts. We received everything we would need to get our household running and sweet mementos that will remind us of our loved ones for years to come!
Thank you to everyone who made my bridal fiesta one to remember and so thoughtfully
helped Kory and I fill our first home with the most wonderful gifts!





0 comments:
Leave a Comment