I will be the first one to admit that Valentine's Day is completely unnecessary. If you love someone, it shouldn't take a "holiday" to remind you to say it or act on it. On the other hand, I secretly look forward to February 14th for all the same reasons. It's a great excuse to spend the entire day focused on your love for that special someone and do all those sappy things that you may not get to any other day of the year.
This year was simple and wonderful. As expected, Kory waited to the very last possible second to run out and buy a little something. I woke up Sunday morning to find an empty house. It was just me and my gimpy dog. Initially, I thought I must have confused the days and it was really Monday - so logically Kory would be at work. After shoveling the few inches of snow off the sidewalks and porch I began to feel like something was off – the streets were empty. When I went in to find the usual weekday morning talk shows no where to be found, I looked at the calendar. Sure enough, it was Sunday. A few minutes later Kory rolled in with a bundle of red roses and a sweetly hilarious card in tow. I ran back to the closet to collect his little gift and card. We were like little kids on our first date... bashful yet excited for the other's response to our selected token of love.
The rest of our Valentines Day was equally as simple and sweet. A relaxing day complete with lots of laughter, warmth, and of course, pizza and ColdStone icecream!
My inbox was full of emails from friends and family saying, “Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s your last one as a single woman, enjoy it!” Kory and I both got a kick out of this. Neither one of us considers ourselves single… but technically, of course, we are… for now.
This year was simple and wonderful. As expected, Kory waited to the very last possible second to run out and buy a little something. I woke up Sunday morning to find an empty house. It was just me and my gimpy dog. Initially, I thought I must have confused the days and it was really Monday - so logically Kory would be at work. After shoveling the few inches of snow off the sidewalks and porch I began to feel like something was off – the streets were empty. When I went in to find the usual weekday morning talk shows no where to be found, I looked at the calendar. Sure enough, it was Sunday. A few minutes later Kory rolled in with a bundle of red roses and a sweetly hilarious card in tow. I ran back to the closet to collect his little gift and card. We were like little kids on our first date... bashful yet excited for the other's response to our selected token of love.
The rest of our Valentines Day was equally as simple and sweet. A relaxing day complete with lots of laughter, warmth, and of course, pizza and ColdStone icecream!
My inbox was full of emails from friends and family saying, “Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s your last one as a single woman, enjoy it!” Kory and I both got a kick out of this. Neither one of us considers ourselves single… but technically, of course, we are… for now.





0 comments:
Leave a Comment