Big Plans

Spoiler Alert... Just kidding. I am typing this Thursday night but I would not dare post it until at least Saturday night. I'd hate to be cast out of the Blose family before I even officially join.

This morning Kory got up before sunrise to hop on a plane to Pennsylvania. The original plan was for us to go together but Sam's injury put a kink in our plans. Thank goodness for Southwest's flexible flight change options... though, what's another couple hundred bucks! ha! So I'm going to hang back in Denver to cuddle and care for our dog and her beat up leg.  Think of the Yiddish proverb, "We plan, God laughs."
Meanwhile, Kory is in route to PA for his mama's big surprise 50th birthday party! I actually think they've managed to keep it a secret based on conversations Kory has had with his mom. Though, we all know how a mother's intuition gets in the way of these kinds of events. :) His sisters planned an awesome day of pampering followed by a surprise dinner with all of their mom's closest friends. I cannot wait to find out what kind of reaction she has and if they pulled it off! I'm hoping someone gets camera happy so I can pretend I was there along side my future in-laws for the big reveal!

Conveniently, Kory was able to schedule a meeting and tour at the University of Pittsburgh for tomorrow (Friday). One of Kory's best friend's big brothers is a surgeon at Pitt. He was nice enough to set Kory up with some folks that would be of particular interest to Kory in his plans to earn a PhD!  How awesome is that?!  I haven't been this excited about something in a long time!  :) Those who know Kory know that he is capable of doing ANYTHING! Really... he's brilliant! I'm so glad he is going to pursue higher educational opportunities and aim for his full potential. I'm telling you folks, he's an Einstein! I am not biased or anything! haha. So in addition to hearing about how the surprise party goes, I'm dying to hear what Kory thinks about Pitt! If all goes as we're hoping and praying it will, we'll be moving back to Pennsylvania in August so Kory can reignite his love for academia and pursue a doctorate!!!

In an attempt to put my useless enthusiasm aside,  I'm going to spend the weekend refocussing my energy on the less exciting things I need to get caught up on...  and of course, icing, medicating, and caring for our little dogchild!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Head Over Heels. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.