Soul Sisters

I was gone for 1 short week and baby Chelsea's Aunt Jazzie seemed to have fast forwarded time several months and sent her to baby boot camp. I left a cuddly angel that was barely rolling over and loved to be cuddled close and came back to a wild tot that wants nothing more than to scoot independently across the floor, suck on her tastey toes and crackle loud baby sounds all day long! I was shocked and saddened by the changes that occurred in my seven day absence! : / Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to slow time... and even more obviously saddening is the fact that the gaps in my visits will inevitably grow after I move farther away... only forcing me to miss out more of my sweet nieces' lives. The optimist that is inside begging to get out is trying remind me that this time I have is a blessing that I need to keep in perspective.

That being said, I am so thankful I got a little bit of time in with my sisters before Jazzie had to return to PA, though no matter how much we get, it is never enough. I was able to fly in the night before Jazzie's had to depart out of Albuquerque. While it was only a few extra hours, it was a pure delight to get to spend a little bit of time with both of my sisters, a priceless rarity these days. The thoughtful gal Kelly is, she planned a sweet little 'girls only' dinner in Durango... an amazing town set in the Rockies. Taste testing each others’ food and thinking nothing of our blatant honest... our time together was refreshing and enlightening. (see photo below) As always, we laughed the evening away - all 5 of us girls: Kelly, Jazzie, Brooklyn, Chelsea, and me.

There is something about my sisters that I just cannot get enough of. They are funny and witty and most of all unconditionally understanding and accepting. When the whole world seems to be turning upside down and inside out, Jazzie and Kelly know exactly what to say (or not to say) to make me feel like everything is going to be just fine. Conversely, the stars have aligned and everything is perfect, sharing our joys only makes life that much more amazing. I genuinely could not ask for more amazing women to be my sisters. They're awe inspiring individuals that I admire and deeply respect... and adore with all of my heart.

It is true that we are about as different as we could possibly get which we have managed to perceive as an invaluable asset. The unexpected perspectives, life experiences, and approaches to everyday tasks only make our relationships with one another more meaningful and robust. ..... I love my sisters and all the zest they add to my life, can you tell? We keep telling Brooklyn how blessed she is to have gotten the gift of a sister for herself in little Chelsea ... but of course it took seeing it and feeling it as young adults fo us to believe it, so her skepticism is to be expected! : )

Photo - (Left) Big sister, Kelly, and my oldest niece, Brooklyn. (Right) Little sister, Jazzie, and me holding Brooklyn's baby sister, Chelsea


"To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident -- it is to have a soul mate for life."
               -V. Secunda

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Head Over Heels. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.