Another Wild Week...
Posted in on 4:50 PM by Kory & SaraThis last week ended up being an emotional roller coaster. Knowing that it would be my last week of "baby duty" made it particularly tough. It's been awe inspiring watching my sweet little niece, Chelsea, grow and change. In the past 5 months I have watched her change from an eat/sleep infant who never opened her eyes to a crazy little critter with endless personality and a smile that lights up a room! Without a planned visit in sight, I can only imagine what she will be doing or what she will look like the next time I get to see her. I've concluded that there is nothing harder than living so far away from a baby you love so much... thank goodness for skype!
To celebrate the holiday weekend, Kory met me in New Mexico for a final visit before we move. As I'd anticipated, our time with my sister and her sweet little family was amazing. You'd think Kory had been around as long as I have - they love him and enjoy his company more than I could have ever dreamed. Brooklyn and Chelsea loved having another person around to play with and pick on and seem to love the idea of him becoming a permanent fixture in their lives. That boy is going to make a great daddy one day after having had so much practice with all of our nieces and nephews! :)
Saturday afternoon we slipped away from my family for the wedding of my longest time friend, Mika. I was thrilled that Kory could be there with me and I could introduce him to some of the people have seen me through every single phase of life - from birth on. As expected, Mika was a gorgeous bride and the Catholic ceremony (a first for both Kory and me) was wonderful! It was hard not to imagine Mika and I as little rebellious girls spending our days playing barbies, swimming, and dreaming about going to Jr. High or even driving and it was even harder not to get all choked up with nostalgia. Mika is a staple in some of the fondest memories I have of my childhood. I am blessed to have gotten to be there on one of the biggest days of her life!
No photos from the wedding! :( Unfortunately my camera is still out of commission... so here's an oldie but a goodie from our days spent at Lake Powell... oh to be young again!
We had scheduled an appointment for my parents to visit Pittsburgh on Sunday to look at a home that Kory and I spotted online and fell in love with. The willing and helpful souls that they are, they agreed to meet with the selling agent and tour the house that looked like exactly what we've been hoping to find in our first home. Despite some work that needs done and the cozy size, their verdict - Perfect home for us!!! (If you know my dad, you know that he is possibly one of the world's pickiest when it comes to quality of homes... so this was a big deal for us to hear this from his lips! ) Kory and I will see the house in person later this month and decide what to do next... with my parents' seal of approval, we're very hopeful!
While my mom and dad were acting as a second set of eyes for us, we were bidding my sister and her family farewell and heading back to Denver.
What a week... and what a year this could end up being for Kory and I!
177 Days until Brooklyn's aunt is getting married! :) I'm glad Kory and I aren't the only ones excited - see photo below (Brook's 1st Grade daily journal)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Leave a Comment