Bridal Shop Hop

Sunday: Fly from Denver to Columbus
Thursday: Fly from Columbus to Denver
Friday: Fly from Denver to Durango
Saturday: Drive from Farmington to Albuquerque

                                    Can you say, frequent flier miles?

This is just a little taste of the pace my life has been on for the past couple of months... Go go go go go! And when I am not on my way to my next destination or planning for or booking the next trip, I'm squeezing in a few wedding details.

Tomorrow (Saturday) my sisters and I will set forth on our mission to finally locate and purchase the perfect wedding dress! I am driving to Albuquerque with my big sister (Matron of honor), Kelly, to pick up my little sister (Maid of honor), Jazmin. After we retrieve Jazzie from the airport, we'll head to several bridal boutiques in search of one white dress and two non-white dresses (color yet to be determined). We have had this mini "sisters getaway" planned for a few weeks - following our many failed attempts to find that 'perfect' wedding dress.

The fact that I have a "backup" dress on layaway in Denver takes a little bit of the pressure off, though somewhere inside of me, I think it would make for an especially wonderful day if we all came home with our dresses in tow at the end of our 'sister's only' adventure. My future mother in law gave me some words of wisdom that I am going to try to remind myself while hopping in and out of gowns - "You know it when you see it. You'll love everything about it ... you just won't want to take it off." So that is the goal - finding a dress for me that I cannot live without and one for each of my sisters that they feel comfortable and beautiful in (which inadvertently determines the color theme for the wedding).  If we can achieve that goal, I will be back on track with all of the wedding magazine/website planning schedules... at least temporarily. : )

200 Days until 'I Do'...

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Head Over Heels. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.