Easter Weekend: Replacing & Embracing the Old

Happy Easter!!!

This weekend was the perfect Easter weekend and welcome to spring! Somehow, we managed to have something planned for the entire weekend...  and we thoroughly enjoyed every second. :)

Chapter 1 - Old Truck / New Car
On Friday we decided to go to a Toyota dealership and take a look at some cars, not to buy, but to lease.  Toyota has had some amazing lease deals in response to the whole 'Sticking Accelerator' issue.  With all of his commuting, our plans to relocate, and my inablitiy to drive a standard (pathetic, I agree) - we thought we might just look into it - we never planned to say adios to Kory's faithful truck and welcome a brand new, fuel efficient sedan into our lives... but that is exactly what happened.  The fuel savings alone was undeniably appealing!  In addition to having a new set of wheels, this is also the first "official" legally binding contract that Kory and I signed together.  We were hoping to wait until we were married to take the plunge, but the deal was too good to pass up.  And I have to say, it was kind of exciting to hop on the 'Togetherness' bandwagon. :)  

Photo:  Kory's final farewell glimpse of his 'dream' truck  (that served as his transportation not only to and from work but also home to Pennsylvania countless times) before he steps into the machine that is going to save him bookoo bucks for the next 36 months!  

After spending 5 hours with the Toyota salesman, we headed to church for an amazing Easter weekend service followed by dinner with our favorite double dating couple - Heidi and Ryan. :)  As usual, we were the last ones to leave the restaurant... a trend that we love!

Chapter 2 - Old Friend / Best Friend
Saturday, while Kory had a guys' night planned with our friend, Ryan, I had a sleepover planned with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Carrie, in Colorado Springs.  Carrie and I have been close friends since we were in 8th grade.  Though we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like, when we do, it is as if not a moment had passed since our last meeting. She is certainly a one of a kind, kind of friend.  I am so blessed to still, after all these years and all the miles between us, to call her one of my very best friends.  I can say without a doubt, she is one of those forever friends.
It was an emotional and enlightening reunion.  I'm amazed at how, even as maturing adults, we still have a magical chemistry and a comfort that is so rare to find in a person. After our sleepover at Carrie's sister's house in Colorado Springs, I returned to Denver with Carrie in tow. She had a flight out of Denver back to Albuquerque where she is going to medical school. The extra hour I got to spend catching up with my dearest Carrie was priceless. There is nothing more rejuvenating than spending hours with someone that just gets you and loves you unconditionally - for no apparent reason at all. That is a true friend. :) 
I cannot wait for Carrie and Kory to really get to know one another.  One of the coolest parts of being with Kory has been getting to know and appreciate his closest friends and I am certain that he will adore many of my friends in the same way.  :) 

Chapter 3 - Old Tradition / New Memories (Yum!)
When I got home from my visit with Carrie, Kory had a cute little surprise for me.  Since it was Easter Sunday, and he knew that my family traditionally hid baskets full of goodies for us, he surprised be by upholding the tradition and hid an Easter basket for me!  I have to admit, I thought this was absolutely adorable and quite comical.  "Find your Easter basket!"  He commanded, And without hesitation the search was on!  After just a few minutes of hunting, I discovered the cutest little basket full of all my favorite candies hiding in the oven.  I was floored by the variety - Kory even found my all time favorite - Cadbury Carmel Eggs!  (I fell in love with these while I studied abroad in England and have searched for them in the US ever since I returned.) 

We put our diets on the backburner and thoroughly enjoyed my sweet Easter treats! :)

We finished out the weekend by getting together, again, with the fabulous Ryan and Heidi for pizza, and of course, hours of chit chat - the perfect ending to an awesome Easter weekend!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Head Over Heels. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.