Have I found my dream dress? That is the question I keep asking myself.
After Heidi and I went dress shopping on Thursday, I think I may have found the dress that I will wear on my wedding day. I had been eyeing up the white gown online and on the storefront mannequin for months. When we got to the dress shop, I was devastated to hear that the dress had not only been discontinued, but the only one left was in a size smaller than I needed. Though it is a bit more formal and traditional than I'd envisioned for our casual beach wedding, I've been convinced by my friends, family, and wedding consultants, that it would be better to wear a dress I am in love with than one that just fits the beach theme. "You're the bride! You want to look like a bride and feel like a bride, no matter how fancy or casual! " In taking this advice, I let myself fall in love with this dress. So it goes without saying that after hearing the news about this "perfect" dresses' limited availability, I was totally disappointed.
After trying on several flowing chiffon gowns and failing to LOVE any of them, the bridal consultant decided that we should just try the dress on, even though it was too small. With no luck finding the right dress, I was willing to try anything. She assured me that the seams could be let out if I were to decide that it is THE dress. To my surprise and delight, the dress not only fit, but fit like it was made for me. The twinkle in my consultant's eye said it all - she knew this was the dress I'd been searching for. When I turned around and saw my reflection in the mirror, it was like deja vu - it was the dress I'd dreamed about and by some crazy miracle, it actually fit!
Realizing she may have just matched a bride with her dream dress, the bridal consultant guided me to a pedestal in front of walls and walls of mirrors where she adorned me with a veil and necklace. Immediately I felt the pressure - this is probably my only opportunity to get this dress.
The only thing that made me question whether or not it is THE dress, is the level of formality and the fact that my mom and sisters were not there to confirm/deny if it should be THE dress. So with this in mind, I did the only thing that made sense. I couldn't just hang the dress up and think about it for a couple of days, as this was the very last one in the entire United States and I just couldn't risk it. So instead of buying the dress on a whim, I put it on layaway. I have 60 days to decide if it is indeed the dress of my dreams... and to pay the remaining balance. In the meantime, I will have to return to the the shop with a camera in hand in order to document and share the dress with the ladies in my life.
So have I found the dress of my dreams? Maybe. Hopefully.
One thing is for sure, I will have to continue to eat healthily and work out if I plan to fit into it in November. Otherwise I'll have the perfect wedding dress that only looks great on a mannequin and a hanger....
233 days to go...





0 comments:
Leave a Comment