The original purpose of our quick trip to PA was not to house hunt, but to attend one of our dearest mutual friend's wedding. Our friend, Kyle married his high school sweetheart, Missy. The wedding was nothing short of magnificent. The best part was the genuine, undeniable happiness you could see written across the bride and groom's faces. The second best part was the best man's toast. You would guess that he (Adam) was a public speaker... and a great one at that. I laughed until I cried. (Kory may argue that it was the filet mignon or chocolate covered strawberries... )
If you know anything about birth order, you know that the youngest is typically the family comedian and class clown. While Kory hates to be coined as "typical," in this case, he fits the role perfectly. His need to wear a tuxedo t-shirt to the elegant event brought smiles to everyone's face that saw it - including the groom's mom, Barb. Her response, "I was expecting the Dumb and Dumber suit you wore to prom!"
As we plan our own wedding, Kory and I have a new appreciation for a great wedding and all the details that other people may overlook. It's hard to imagine that in just over 5 months we'll be the ones vowing to stick it out through thick and thin!
160 Days!!
Here's a couple of pics of Kory and his old crew from high school.





0 comments:
Leave a Comment