Sunday night, Kory made plans to meet up with his long time friend who was visiting from Canada, Marc. I thought it'd be best to let them catch up on their "man bonding" so I curled up with my laptop and dog for the evening to complete our wedding invitation list. Not only did they need to catch up on life, but Kory had a very personal question to ask his dear friend. When Kory came home from his dinner with Marc, he was eager to help with the list. Passively, I mentioned that chocolate chip cookies sure sounded good. Next thing I know, Kory is running out the door at midnight to find a grocery store that was stocked with my cookie of choice. When he got home, I think my heart melted. I couldn't help but think, "Wow... I am just so lucky that I get to marry him..." And to top it off, the cookies he chose were to die for! I'm one lucky girl, you don't have to tell me! :)
The personal question... The significance of this meeting with Marc is very much so tied to our wedding. Marc is a youth pastor in Alberta, Canada. Kory and I agreed that we wanted to maximize the meaning of our wedding and keeping with this we thought it would be an incredible gift if someone we both loved could perform the ceremony. The first person that came to mind - Marc, one of Kory's very closest friends. New to his pastoral role, we were completely uncertain of whether or not Marc would be able to perform wedding ceremonies - and to add to the complexity, wedding ceremonies in Mexico. In addition to the technical and legal side, we had no idea if this would be something he would be willing to do. Luckily for us, we're able to do a symbolic ceremony, which requires no official licensing for the pastor. And we're so blessed that Marc enthusiastically accepted our request for him to perform our marriage! When Kory shared with me Marc's response, I was consumed by a certainty that this was in fact going to be the most amazing day of my life, to date. As long as those that we love are surrounding us, and it's Kory I'm vowing to love forever, nothing else really matters!




0 comments:
Leave a Comment