Seeking Travel Agent to Act as Wedding Planner!



We are still having one heck of a time deciding where we ought to tie the knot. We would like to go somewhere we've never been, somewhere romantic, but at the same time kid-friendly. Name that place! This is a riddle we seem not to be able to solve on our own. I've thought to myself time and time again that I am a perfect candidate for a wedding planner! Indecisive! When I mentioned this to my sister, Kelly, she suggested I seek the advice of travel agent - much cheaper and probably more familiar with the unique setting we are searching for!

Brilliant!

The first travel agent that responded to my cry for help fit the "Old School Travel Agent" persona just right... initially. She responds to my email request, "I do not prefer email. Send me your phone number." Ok. This is what I expected. As a child of 'Generation Email,' I'd assumed that the only people who still use travel agents are those that refuse to purchase a computer - think Orbitz and Travelocity. When she followed up with our phone conversation by sending me link after link to orbitz related websites that I can access easily on my own and possibly have, I couldn't help but wonder how she stays in business and why she refused to email me! (She also informed me that she is not at all familiar with travel within the continental US.)

Anyway, I moved on to the next candidate! If I'm paying for their services, I'd like to find someone that can give me something that I can't get on my own - with a simple click of my mouse! Candidate 2: She is familiar with both national and international travel as well as destination weddings! She emailed me back (!!!!) and she feels very confident that with a group of our size she will be able to get us great deals on her super secret travel agent databases! Yay! Hopefully we found a winner. We meet with her on Saturday. I'm crossing my fingers that we can get this destination at least narrowed down to a realistic "few" and get the ball rolling! I've concluded that if she can't help us then maybe we just aren't destination wedding people! Who knew it would be so hard to plan a vacation for others! I have a whole new appreciation for the task travel agents deal with on a daily basis.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Head Over Heels. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.