Our Comic Relief & Her Red Bone

Sam is lucky that we find her undeniably, heart meltingly adorable because she is a terror that I'm certain most people would get fed up with or give up on.  It's not enough that she chews holes in our socks and scares away our visitors (both welcome and unwelcome), we end up with black eyelash looking hair all over every surface and she leaves slime marks on our clothes that must make people wonder if we own a washing machine!  Thank goodness we have a heart for animals and a sense of humor to go along with it - otherwise our "baby" would have likely found herself at an animal shelter instead of in our bed, stretched out to the max.

We have discovered one thing that keeps our little devil occupied and out of trouble - her red Kong bone.  Made of truly indestructible rubber, we are able to stuff it full of the most delectable scented treats and leave her with the challenge of how to get those treats from within the tight rubber holes.  All I can say is, Thank God for Kong!  We never could have guessed that the $15 we invested in that dog toy would be the best $15 we would ever spend. 

When she's finally maneuvered the treat out of the bone, she will cover it with slime and offer one of us an end in order to play tug.   Because we love her, and we find her persistence so darn cute, we humor her... even Grammy Marilyn has been known to give in to those dreamy puppy eyes and take hold of the slimy red bone for a good game of tug-o'-war!


Recently, I spent a couple of days working from home.  One day Sam was particularly energized while I was trying to do my job at my laptop.  Instead of stuffing the bone with a goodie and sending her off with something to do, I just shooed her away and continued what I was doing.  When I got up to grab a snack, this is what I came back to... 


...maybe a reminder of where Sam thinks my priorities should lie? Or maybe a very direct request for a little something special in the empty toy...
In the end, she got a turkey stuffed bone and I got a much needed laugh. Sometimes I think she might be a little smarter than we realize.  Dumb or brilliant, she certainly adds an invaluable comic spice to our lives!

World's most durable dog toys... KONG WEBSITE
If you know a dog owner with an unruly pup... send them the link,
you'll help them preserve their sanity and their possessions!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Head Over Heels. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.